Friday, November 21, 2003

Lileks. Again and again.

Jimmy had one other post that had me in tears. This is his response to Salam Pax, the infamous blogger from Iraq that wow-ed many surfers with waves of information during the war. The Pax-man wrote a letter to Guardian, that bastion of anti-Bush-ism, where he basically said 'thanks, but your doing a shitty job.'
"To tell you the truth, I am glad that someone is doing the cleaning up, and thank you for getting rid of that scary guy with the hideous moustache that we had for president. But I have to say that the advertisements you were dropping from your B52s before the bombs fell promised a much more efficient and speedy service."
To which James responded as follows (he he he):
"Hey, Salam? Fuck you. I know you’re the famous giggly blogger who gave us all a riveting view of the inner circle before the war, and thus know more about the situation than I do. Granted. But there’s a picture on the front page of my local paper today: third Minnesotan killed in Iraq. He died doing what you never had the stones to do: pick up a rifle and face the Ba’athists. You owe him. .... The rug was soaked before we got there, friend. Cut the clever café pose; drop the sneer. That “Rambo” crap is old. Iraq needs grown-ups. Be one.
Read the rest. I wish I could write like him too. But at least we get to read him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home