Friday, November 14, 2003

Lileks

On European sensibilities:
"Sometimes I swear that if a European hits his thumb with a hammer when no one’s around, he shouts GODDAMN JEWS!"
On Ted "Wingnut" Rall:
"The French have a saying: his head, it is filled with urine. Or they should have such a saying; I’m sure it would sound elegant and dismissive. These people aren’t the loyal opposition anymore; they’re just the opposition. They may say they love America, but they love some idealized nonexistent America that can never exist as long as there’s individuality and free will. They’re like people who say they love women and beat their wife because she doesn’t look like the Playboy centerfold. I’m sick of the lot of them!"
On Soros:
"I was tempted to write about George Soros comparing Bush and America to the rise of the Nazis, but I’ve just had it with these people. I’m more interested in those who ride the coattails of their rhetoric. I want someone to ask Dean this question in the Presidential debate: “Governor Dean, one of your wealthiest backers has compared America in 2000s with German in the 1930s. Do you agree with this analogy?” The only acceptable answer to my ears is “No, I don’t.” Period."
And on writing in defense of a war even if you are not a soldier:
"I have to fight before I can express my opinion? That’s like saying I have to live in Antartica to draw penguins."
Whenever I read him, I always chastize myself for not reading him regularly. Today is a good day to start....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home