Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Feeling a little down?

Today, my sister Barbara emailed me (along with the Kaufman family and associates) feeling somewhat deflated over the recent events from Iraq and Israel. We all tried to cheer her up, but I don't think it worked. Turns out, the blogosphere may provide some necessary comfort. Roger Simon , who is also shaking the blues, links to Iraqi blogger Omar who sees the latest events as only we could hope for (i.e., with perspective) and provides a source of haven and a heartless world. The money quote:
"When I said goodbye to my friends I sensed some optimism inside me when I realized they are paying more attention to the future and were not fooled by the Arab media to act only in response to emotions."

Read and take comfort in the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home