Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Terrible songs redux...

So I'm in Au Bon Pain this morning getting my morning iced coffee (not to be confused with my mid-morning iced coffee, noon iced coffee, early afternoon iced coffee, evening iced coffee or late supper iced coffee) and on the sound system, which normally plays Ella Fitzgerald, they are playing Volare, a song so terrible I had forgotten its very existence.

I don't mean that I had forgotten its name or the basic tune, I had forgotten that the song ever existed. Clearly it was a defense mechanism, because I now can't get the damn thing out of my head and am considering electroshock therapy. In the meantime, as you can see below, I'm trying to push it out with liberal doses of R.E.M. Any further therapeutic suggestions would be much appreciated.

[Listening to: Radio Free Europe - R.E.M. - The Best Of R.E.M.: The IRS Years (4:05)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home