A chef bitten by a deadly spider in his pub kitchen was saved after experts were able to identify the creature from a picture on his mobile phone.
Matthew Stevens was attacked by the Brazilian Wandering Spider which was hidden in a box of bananas delivered to the Quantock Gateway pub in Bridgwater.
Thinking quickly despite the shock, he managed to snap a picture, which he later showed to doctors.
Experts at Bristol Zoo were able to identify it and suggest an antidote.
Clearly, a cameraphone is a necessity in the dangerous world we live in...