Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Theory

I was discussing this at work with some colleagues, and I have come up with a new theory as to why, in all of the "Cosmo" polls, "Sense of humor" is inevitably listed first among qualities women look for in men, when as indicated by my high school dating record (or relative lack thereof), it is demonstrably untrue. (For those of you playing at home, I'm pretty sure "Wavy hair and a BMW" were the actual top answers for my high school.)

It's like PBS. When asked by pollsters what television stations they prefer, people inevitably rank PBS far higher than its ratings indicate, because people don't want to admit that their favorite station is the WB (or whatever it's called now) and their favorite show is "Fear Factor," followed by "What About Jim." I think women are embarrassed to list "Looks like Brad Pitt" first on the list, so they put in "sense of humor," which is more "acceptable."

Your thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home