Thursday, July 03, 2003

Stupid Summer Associate Tricks.


The New Yorker has a little blurb about the Dumb Summer Associate of 2003 (at least so far) who managed to send an email to the entire underwriting department at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom saying that "I’m busy doing jack shit."

Whoops.

It's bad, and all, but, as the article notes, nowhere near as bad as the Dumb Summer Associate of 2001, the guy at Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft who, after he was advised that he would not be receiving a permanent offer, wrote an email I fondly call the "I Never Want To Work as a Lawyer Anywhere Email." (I kept a copy of the original email as forwarded to me (and every other lawyer in New York) a couple of years ago, and re-reviewed it after reading this column. Boy, it's bad!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home