Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Sparrow rescued.


Well, Norbert woke up this morning and began to tweet, so we brought him out to the Jane Street garden, which has a birdbath. We called the vet, but before we could bring him there, he decided that he was perfectly OK, and flew up to a tree outside the garden. Straight there, too, unlike the Woodstock-like cockeyed flying he had done yesterday, so we figured he was now fine and telling stories to the other sparrows:

"And then these crazy people stuck me in a plant! But they were giving me birdseed, so I thought, you know, I'll ride this train as far as it'll take me! But what kind of a ridiculous name is Norbert?"

So our apartment is now sparrow-free and Norbert has returned to his natural habitat, and my wife, Stacey, and I are being very self-congratulating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home