Thursday, March 10, 2005

Today's indication of the upcoming apocalypse...

At least according to The New York Post, prison could be the next beauty fad, since Martha Stewart's apparent blossoming while in custody.

A stint in a minimum-security facility looks like the fashionable new way to a mind-body makeover, thanks to the freshly sprung Diva of Domesticity.
. . . .

"A short stay in a low-security prison could be the new ashram," says Lesley Jane Seymour, the self-professed, constantly stressed editor of Marie Claire magazine.

"You'd get a nice break from the rat race - and you'd really be able to relax because it's probably one of the few places in the world that nobody can reach you," Seymour says.

"I would use the break to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes," she adds. "Did you notice how relaxed Martha's face looks ? How happy she looks? It's a far cry from the image she had - the soulless female executive who had clawed her way to the top - before she went into prison."

. . . .

[Fashion Designer Betsey] Johnson says, like Martha, she would focus on pastimes she rarely enjoys, like reading, and the biggie: losing weight.

"I bet if I was in jail I'd finally get around to doing the Carmen Electra striptease workout. I carry it around with me everywhere, but so far, I've only had time to watch it once."


I think we should encourage this idea and keep these lunatics off the streets...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home