Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Who edits over at ABC?

I meant to write about this the other day, but life got in the way.

I didn't watch the Live 8 concert live on Saturday, but I did watch the ABC "recap." And apparently I should have watched the AOL feed.

What was ABC thinking? There were several travesties of editing. They showed a whole song by The Black Eyed Peas, a band which I seem to be unable to avoid, despite my best efforts.

They cut both the beginning and the end of The Who singing "Who Are You." They did, however, leave in Daltrey singing the "F" word (although they put "bleep" in the closed captioning).

Then, they actually truncated the REUNION OF PINK FLOYD!!! You gotta be kidding me.

And then they did the gutsiest thing. They actually cut Madonna.

Now, I understand that they could only show one song per band. Fine. They had time concerns. It was important that they only take two hours, because they had to show a rerun of America's Funniest Home Videos.

Oh, well. Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home