Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Mother Responds...

Still don't know how to post, so I'll just respond to you and if you want to post it on my behalf, feel free:
I'm obviously one of those rare people who have to admit I agree with the poll! I think a sense of humor is what you need to get through life. Of course, I admire most someone who appreciates MY sense of humor. I will readily admit that although I watch a ton of television, I rarely watch PBS -- except for the Britcoms and Mystery -- but I also don't watch any of the so-called "reality" shows, which I think are totally moronic and completely boring and cannot for the life of me understand their popularity. And that includes American Idol. Lately, I've been partial to the History Channel and the Discovery Channel, and when all else fails, there are always reruns of "Friends." Now, I'm not denying that looks are important -- my husband is a dead ringer for Sean Connery (just ask him) (my husband, not Sean) -- and marrying for money is always a good thing (although not very predictable if you're marrying young unless your fiancé is royalty). But looks and money are transitory. Money comes and goes. Men lose the hair on their head (although it returns on their backs, noses and ears), get a beer belly and snore. (Even women are known to get a little bit the worse for age, but that's a different story.) But your sense of humor is always with you. My husband and I share at least one really good laugh a day. Still. And we've been married for 39 [wonderful] years!
Oh, and you did so date in high school!
David's Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home