Monday, June 22, 2009

Told you.

I know I haven't blogged in a long, long time. That's mainly because, well, I've been on Facebook.

However, I return to this venue to say that I told you so.

In this post, way back in 2006, I explained about my ability to predict new cool things (despite my relative lack of coolness and complete lack of ability to make money knowing these things, and noted the following:

Now, nobody believes me when I say I saw these trends happening and wasn't merely a hanger-on, so I make my prediction, on a time-stamped blog, of the next fad:

Snuff.

That's right, I said snuff. The powdered, aromatic tobacco product that the aristocrats of the 19th century liked.

So in a year or two, when there are snuff bars all over Manhattan, and there's a big glossy 300 page "Snuff Afficionado" magazine on all the newsstands, and you see a clip of Paris Hilton putting something in her nose that is (amazingly) not white, you will remember -- you saw it here first.


It took a few years, but take a look at this article all about snuff, from Wired Magazine:


One of history’s most esoteric methods of satisfying a tobacco jones is making a resurgence as a new generation of hipsters trade lungs full of smoke for a nose full of snuff.


Stay tuned for the next thing, as soon as I figure out what it is.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, July 13, 2009, Blogger javier said...

Hello friends I am a foreigner visiting pages in another language, try to understand their language but it cost too much and that is why we invite you to my blog which is certainly very interesting and also a translation for your language I do this through a software sure your web is also very good, thank you very much now.

http://lomascodiciadodelplaneta.blogspot.com

 
At 3:47 AM, February 25, 2010, Blogger 3d電影 said...

最豐滿最好之稻穗,便最貼近地面........................................

 
At 7:23 AM, March 16, 2010, Blogger 张好的个人博客 said...

nice job! waiting for your new artical. ........................................

 
At 2:15 PM, October 20, 2011, Blogger Pinkie said...

Hello. This is April from Blah. I was told to visit here and leave a comment.

I have read through some older posts and am of the opinion that there needs to be new posts, please. I like what I've read so far. I might have even learned something. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home