Monday, June 22, 2009

Told you.

I know I haven't blogged in a long, long time. That's mainly because, well, I've been on Facebook.

However, I return to this venue to say that I told you so.

In this post, way back in 2006, I explained about my ability to predict new cool things (despite my relative lack of coolness and complete lack of ability to make money knowing these things, and noted the following:

Now, nobody believes me when I say I saw these trends happening and wasn't merely a hanger-on, so I make my prediction, on a time-stamped blog, of the next fad:

Snuff.

That's right, I said snuff. The powdered, aromatic tobacco product that the aristocrats of the 19th century liked.

So in a year or two, when there are snuff bars all over Manhattan, and there's a big glossy 300 page "Snuff Afficionado" magazine on all the newsstands, and you see a clip of Paris Hilton putting something in her nose that is (amazingly) not white, you will remember -- you saw it here first.


It took a few years, but take a look at this article all about snuff, from Wired Magazine:


One of history’s most esoteric methods of satisfying a tobacco jones is making a resurgence as a new generation of hipsters trade lungs full of smoke for a nose full of snuff.


Stay tuned for the next thing, as soon as I figure out what it is.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, October 20, 2011, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello. This is April from Blah. I was told to visit here and leave a comment.

I have read through some older posts and am of the opinion that there needs to be new posts, please. I like what I've read so far. I might have even learned something. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home